Welcome!

Did you know that eight percent of children and two percent of all Americans have at least one food allergy?Food Allergy Aid is dedicated to providing a meaningful resource to these people and their loved ones to keep these potentially life-threating allergies managable.


Sunday, October 05, 2008

Rice Chex - NOW Gluten Free!


My son loves Rice Chex and has been eating them since he was 7 months old. I found it interesting the other day when I bought a new box. It has on the side panel that it is "Now Gluten-Free". When I checked he ingredients, I realized that they have removed the "Barley Malt Extract" ingredient which is the ingredient that would include gluten. It now includes molasses instead!


Gluten is not tolerated by many people - especially those individuals with Celiac Disease. Gluten may be found in barley, wheat, oats, etc.


Check out this article from General Mills and check out new Gluten-Free Rice Chex in stores now!


No comments: